We gave her options of where to have her party, but of course there was only one place she wanted to be.
Bumpa and Nana's.
That worked out perfectly; her birthday was right after Thanksgiving this year, so we just stuck around for an extra couple of days. My little cousins shared in the fun, and we had a cute little "Front-End Loader Belle" party.
What in the world is a front-end loader, you might be wondering? At least I would have been. If Grandma Gunn had never shown my kids that app called "Truck Tunes", I would never have understood the glory of dozens of different kinds of construction trucks.
The second song on the app is about a front-end loader. So it starts with a bunch of kids yelling, "Two! Front-end loader!" And then the song begins.
"Loaders often work with dump trucksSo for months leading up to her birthday, whenever I asked how old she was, she would reply, "Two! Front-end loader Belle!"
Helping them to fill their beds up
With rocks and gravel and other stuff.
Others might be better at digging holes
But no one loads a load like a loader loads.
He can't play many other roles.
Oh no there isn't any on the road as good at scooping up a load
Front-end loader, you're as good as gold!"
This crazy girl loves construction trucks. They jump and play and climb and talk to all her ponies and princesses.
It's quite adorable.
So her front-end loader party was more of the same; and my little cousins stuck around to make it extra fun.
Happy birthday, Front-End Loader Belle. As I am writing this you are now halfway through your year of being Scraper Belle (the third truck on the truck tunes app) and it has just been too fun. You are the best combination of all the good things in life.
I am so glad I have you!
No comments:
Post a Comment