Mark and his brothers brought back an old tradition:
hunting.
Their dad used to take them regularly while they were growing up, but since he had passed away those six boys rarely went.
I don't know who got the ball rolling, but somebody did and the rest of the boys responded. They all met up at the Panguitch cabin to hunt elk. Mark was so happy to get back into it.
Indeed, he was so happy he didn't mind leaving me with three kids; one of whom was about three weeks old. Thankfully, I wasn't the only wife who had nothing to do while the boys tried to fill our freezers with wild game, and so we decided to combine forces and have a Christmas-y cousin sleepover.
Katie and Danika snuggled my very-new Harrison. The kids ran around like wild people. We talked ourselves hoarse.
And we made snowmen out of baking soda and shaving cream.
And then exploded them with vinegar.
It is so good to have a family with so many people trying to do the same things I am doing.
I love the Gunns.
No comments:
Post a Comment