Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Good Bye, Trent

Before Trent left for two years, my mom wanted to get a picture of our whole family.  I brought my camera and one of the Luke girls snapped some pictures for us in the back yard.  The colors were perfect.  The weather was perfect.  There was only one horrible thing about this photo shoot:

I was 38 weeks pregnant.








In our two week window between getting the keys to the house and actually moving in; my awesome parents came back and forth between updating our house and getting Trent all packed for his mission.  
He left for Oklahoma just a few days before my due date.




Mac loves his "Trentie Bear".  Whenever he misses Trent, he gives this bear a giant hug and feels better.  Sleeps on it every night.



I swear, Jamie just gets more and more beautiful.  Marriage has been reeeeaally good to her.





My two little crazies kept everyone from crying too much ... 

When we were driving away, Jake shuddered.  "I am so glad that's not me just starting my mission."
I laughed.  An incredible, difficult two years ... one you want to do but are relieved when it ends.  Makes a real man/woman out of you.

His letters home have been full of good humor about awkward moments and incredible miracles.

We miss him.  We love him.  We are so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment