The benefit to moving into a fixer-upper while being 38 weeks pregnant is that everyone pities you.
We had a lot of offers of help.
So I sent out an email to all the family and friends that said, "Let me know if I can help!" And told them our two-week game plan. Then they knew what we were up to, and if they had time they could show up and work on a project with us.
I was blown away by the support.
Chris spent several nights in our home. Still had cat hair everywhere, and the heater didn't work. She did non-stop detail painting.
Curtis helped Mark plot out how to make the kitchen functional.
Rachelle took my kids multiple times.
My family drove up several different times to paint, sand, and stain.
Danika moved in my boxes.
My young women from our apartment ward came and painted one afternoon.
Michael fixed my washer, dryer, toilet, thermostat ... and probably at least 15 other things.
Ben and Katie came with the whole family and sanded every ugly oak surface in the house.
And Matt helped Mark install our gorgeous fake wood floor.
Mark and I don't really like asking for help. But there was just no way we could've done this without it, and we were shocked at the response.
So grateful, so humbled. LOVE YOU ALL.
No comments:
Post a Comment