Nothing is in stone, so you won't get many details from me yet ...
But I think we might be moving on.
And I'm finally feeling sad.
We've lived here five years now. For three years and five months of that, we've been in school. I can tell you that it's sure hard to be in school without having the feeling that you're just floating through this place. We had that for sure; always thinking that we just needed to get through this and then we could get back to real lives.
But then we had the opportunity to work here. To have an income, and really be a part of the community. And I've finally fallen in love with our ghetto little town.
I hope we've done things while we've been here. I hope we've lived here; made a difference here.
At least ... I can say I know Belen has.
Two weeks ago, our church building got brand new carpets.
This little beauty decided it was the perfect time for a full-blown, new-born-baby-scale blow-out. I'm talking neck to heels ... poop everywhere.
Oh, and her sweet little friend happened to be playing with her ... and her shoes had broken earlier and she was therefore barefoot.
So yes, I can say that my daughter has indeed left her mark on this town. Or at least on the carpet.
We'll be remembered here.
No comments:
Post a Comment