Sunday, June 10, 2012

Settled

I just wanted to mention that ...

Life is good.

I think we're getting things figured out here.

Belen is on a good schedule.

Mac plays hard all day long and goes to bed early very willingly.  (I even hear on occasion, "Macky tired, Mom.") 

Thanks to my friend Shannon and her cloth diaper business, I have got a huge following on my doula blog and facebook page, so once Belen is old enough, I can more easily get back into doula stuff.  But for now, I write a little here and a little there, and enjoy my babies.  I am so thankful I get to raise them myself.
Mark is working his rear end off in the office.  And although he is busy, I like this so much better than school.  He's not annoyed by teachers teaching useless things.  He's not overloaded with assignments.  He's not stressed about a test. 
He's just doing what he's been waiting to do for so long:  help people with is chiropractic skills.  It's a vulnerable, frustrating, and thrilling time.  I love seeing him grow, and I love being able to help him out with the website and the pamphlets and finding places to put them all.

I like to be useful to him.
As frustrating as building your own business can be, it's incredible to work so hard on something together and see it actually grow and become worthwhile. 

Kinda like having kids, I guess.

And so, our children and business are finally making sense to me.

I am enjoying this time.

I'm sure one day or another, something will happen to shake it all up again and we'll need to re-adjust.

But we will.  And we'll enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

  1. So glad things are going so well, love and miss ya!
    -Kenz:)

    ReplyDelete