Tuesday, March 13, 2012

MackyCalister

My little Mac is now two and a half.  I believe that warrents an update on his little goings-on.
  • Mac usually refers to himself in third person.  And his name is Macky.  Full name?  MackyCalister.
  • Belen is usually "Stister".  Or "Beebee B'len".
  • I'm "Mom" or "Mommees", and Mark is almost always "Daddoo".
  • He will repeat himself over and over again until you say back what he just said to you, acknowledging that you correctly understood him.
  • He often grabs your face if he's said something enough times and you haven't acknowledged it yet.
  • After watching Uncle Adam play baseball, he now runs to a base (the couch) every time he hits it.  He also tries to throw it back to you "super fast, like Anum."
  • His sports requests include "shoot it", "hit it", "soccer", "fumble" (a hilarious mini football game, where you toss it back and forth till one of you drops it, in which case you end up in a race/wrestling match to get the ball back), "goff", and "wun super fast". 
  • His favorite movies are currently Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Super Why, and most recently: The Sandlot.  He loves the baseball, the fireworks, the pool, the throw up, the running, and the giant puppy.  And he loves the s'mores.  He begged us for some, and so Mark ran to the store and taught him how to roast a mallow.  No L-7 weanies here.
  • He loves to go to the nickel arcade nearby.  I'm pretty sure he and Mark would spend all day there if Belle and I didn't go and get bored so quickly.
  • He still gets out of bed, but not as regularly as he had been.  (THANK GOODNESS.)  We made a little bed for him on the floor, which he has slept on a few times, but Mark has woken up to him sneakily, silently sliding into bed next to him.  Oooo, Mac. 
  • He loves kids.  Especially the ones that are just older than him ... but he's getting better with kids his age.  Cousins and visitors have become extra magical these days.  He leaps out of our closet as soon as there is a hint of light in the sky and immediately asks where his friends are.
  • He still loves the beach.  I love to watch him.  When Mark's mom was up here last, she said:  "He is everything Spence would have wanted in a grandson."  Thank you Chris, that means a lot to us.  We think they must have had a real good time up there before Mac made his grand appearance.

This kid is just so very fun.

2 comments:

  1. Haha Allie you are the skinniest pregnant woman I have ever seen!! Oh to look like that when my turn comes:) haha

    I should have asked you before I pasted your whole bod on my blog though I am sorry! If you really don't like it I will take it down asap! But i love it, and rub your belly through the screen, like a creepster ha

    I cannot believe Mac attack is getting so big!! I miss you guys, Matt and I have been trying to find a way to come one more time! I will keep you posted... but I love you... in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete