We had a great day.
He woke up ridiculously early, must've known it was a big big day. (It might have also had something to do with the fact that it was day 3 without the bedtime binky. So far so good ... just wakes up a little earlier. I guess I can deal with that.)
I had hung blue streamers outside his door and all over downstairs, and though neither Mark nor I expected them to last very long, Mac surprised us both by running through them over and over again. If one accidentally fell, he begged us to put it back up. They're still there.
Dad went off to work in the gym and study for the dreaded boards this weekend, and Mac and I had our typical breakfast and went on a brisk walk up a giant hill to a park. After a solid two hours, I decided birthday or no ... time to move on.
We arrived home just in time to meet Daddoo, and hurriedly changed and hustled off to Knott's Berry Farm.
Their arms were up for every ride, and Mac cried each time they ended. Luckily no one was at Knotts that day, so they went on every ride twice.
| Pretty sure he bounced in the Snoopy House for at least 20 minutes. |
After a solid two-and-a-half hour nap (during which I crafted the sweetest Mickey cake ever seen -- thank you Mom, for the cake pan), he woke up just in time for all sorts of friends to come and have breakfast for dinner. Chocolate chip pancakes, hash browns, scrambled eggs, bacon, and fruit. It was a feast.
| The birthday crew: Molly, Seth, Luke, and Matt. Don't worry, Mac didn't just stare at them the entire time. |
| Luke and Matt had to leave after this. Luke told his mom, "Wow. That was one great party." Thanks Luke. Couldn't have done it without you. |
| Wish I could make videos work on here. Mac loved blowing out the candles; he called them "Fireworks!" When I brought them out. He was quite sad after he blew them out. |
There was only one Mac vs. Seth "MINE!" fight, which was surprising. And it ended with some great man hugs and lots of "'Appy Birfday Mac!" Thanks Sethela.
We spent the remaining time before bed playing with toys, watching Thomas, and showing Nana and Bumpa all our treasures on Skype. Mac was in heaven. He has been playing with those toys ever since. I love seeing him get more excited about things ... as crazy and frustrating as toddlers can be, they are undeniably so much fun.
Plus he's really, really, ridiculously good-looking.
Happy birthday little Mister. Sure glad you're our boy.
The cake looked amazing! I never saw it. I ate it though and it was scrumptious!
ReplyDeleteHAppy birthday to Mac. And all those girly projects you have been doing are so cute! Now do you have time to call me?
ReplyDeleteVery awesome birthday! I love the cake! We did streamers for Nicholas, but he wasn't anywhere near that excited about them.
ReplyDeleteAren't holidays just SO much more fun as a parent? I love it!
And about the pregnancy weight, I know, I know...but I'm sure you know how I'm feeling: huge and pregnant and ready to be back to my normal self again. And you might not have noticed, but I made sure to take that picture so that it cut me off right before my hips. :D