In Logan, anyway.
Bless my parents' hearts, they had to fly Mac and I out to visit one more time before Mac turned two and cost another plane ticket. Naturally, I agreed to go.
We timed it just before Mac's birthday and Mark's boards. Poor Mark spent the week studying all by his lonesome self and coming dangerously close to insanity.
Mac and I soaked in all the wonderfulness of family, friends, gardens, canning, mildly warm days and crisp cool nights. We even saw a few leaves beginning to change. Oooo, magic!
 |
| Mac couldn't wait to wake Trent up so he could sit in his hammock and play with his ipod. |
 |
| First thing Mac said as we walked in the door: "Bubbles!" Of course, Nana was prepared. |
 |
| Bumpa may now regret showing Mac all his berry bushes ... by the time we left everything from Mac's knees to his head was gone. Also, he had a fierce diaper rash after eating almost nothing but berries the first two days. |
 |
| The magic ingredients for Nana's pickles .... |
 |
| Picking beans |
 |
| Canning beans |
 |
| Every time we come to visit, there is a mysterious new toy ... |
 |
| Throwing rocks in the great outdoors. |
 |
| Picnics |
 |
| Mac wanted me to come up with him once, and then afterward kept saying "Bye," and trying to get me to go away so he could do it all by himself. Must've gone on that slide a solid 23 times or so. |
 |
| "A pa-lane! Big one!" |
Not to mention going to movies, seeing friends, eating out, eating in, crafting, and lots of Ticket to Ride. It's always nice to go hang out with the fam.
Usually however, I dread coming home because Mac expects me to be as entertaining as four adoring adults ... which is hard to do. But ever since coming home, he has been as sweet as sugar. Happy to be with Daddoo, happy to sit around with me, and happy to have his little toys.
It's like he got all filled up with love or something.
Thanks family.
I ran into Lacy at Wal-mart and she said you were in there somewhere...alas I couldn't find you before I left. Sorry I missed you! Glad you had a great trip up!
ReplyDeleteHe has something called Pallid Anoxic Reflux Seizure and he also has the more common form called "Breath Holding Spells". Basically if he gets hurt or upset and goes to cry, he can't catch the breath to cry, stops breathing altogether and his body passes out, limp-purple-eyes roll back, then his body starts breathing again. The more rare form (first long name) means he can stop breathing any time for no reason at all. Lame, but doctor says he will outgrow it by 5 years old!
ReplyDelete