SIGH. My sister has gone! She has up and left on an LDS mission. It's only a year and a half, and she's going to be amazing and change all sorts of lives, and I don't even live by her anyway, but still.
I'm going to miss her.
Her farewell went great. The Spirit was strong, she didn't mess up any words, (she has a repuation for making up big words) and she even threw in a Lord of the Rings quote. Dad was so proud. Everyone loved her, as they always do. Jamie is open and sweet and instantly loveable. Don't be fooled though, there's a fire in her that drives her on, something I have always strived for and admired in her. That girl is beautiful, compassionate, and strong-willed all in the same breath. How she accomplishes it, I have no idea.
She has been very motivated to pay for her entire mission herself, but she did get a good chunk of money from all sorts of people who love her, and lots of ten and twenty dollar bills from all the elderly folks she has cared for throughout her years as a nurse.
I am so proud of her, and can't wait to hear about all the good she does in the world. She does it no matter where she goes, mission or no, but she'll do a special kind of good out there. I just know it. Love you my lame Jame, don't you forget to write to me! See you soon.
And don't worry, we'll keep telling Mac and this new little one all about their Aunt Peenee (Mac's name for her) so they won't forget you. See you in 18.

No comments:
Post a Comment