Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thank You Logan

Another wonderful trip to Logan.  Thank you mother, for the plane ticket.  And .... everything else.
 Thank you for introducing Mac to the thrill behind the wheel.
I think he was definitely feeling the magic.
 
 Thank you Bumpa, the moment we got there you insisted upon picking berries fresh from the garden for Mac to enjoy.  He surely did.  You made sure Mac experienced the finest nature could offer, including the neighbor's horse, and the ducks.
 Thank you for not letting them eat his toes ... too much.

Thank you Jamie, Jake, Trent, and Rachel .... you smothered Mac with love and he is definitely missing it now.

Thank you for staying up late talking to me ... about everything, really.  Thank you for taking forty five minutes to get ready for bed, and then talking until the sentences just don't make sense any more.

Thank you Bumpa, for having nice soft grass.  Thank you Jake, Trent, and Rachel for mowing it.  We miss soft grass.
Thank you to Kenzi, Lori, Paige, and Brooke for coming up to see us!  The timing could not have been better and it has been far too long since we last talked.  You are all amazing women, I look up to every single one of you.  Paige, Kenzi .... it is time.

Thank you to all the wonderful friends we saw when we were there!  Jen came to the good old Logan temple with me.  That place just holds a special place in my heart.  Thank you to the original four, we spent about 8 hours talking.  Though we never got around to hiking, we did change scenery.  Jessi's apartment was perfect (very Jessi-ish), then Mama made us some fabulous curry, and being at the Bowen's reminded me of my childhood.  I sure do love you girls, it was so good to catch up.

Beautiful Brittney took some time away from her crazy moving process to get a jamba with me!  I am just so glad that we were roommates and became friends ... every time I talk to her I wonder why in the world we weren't best friends all through high school.  Isn't it funny how afterwards sometimes you get to know people, and wonder what in the world had kept you apart all these years?  Where had they been all your life??  Funny how hard it is to really truly get to know people in high school when you barely are getting to know yourself.

More wonderful friends ... Holly was good enough to make us an amazing waffle/whip cream/fruit breakfast and invite over her sister Heather and another roommate ... Jaclyn!  These girls are so fun to talk to.

It is so fun to get to know each other again on a "mommy-level" -- if you will -- and compare it to the person you knew as a crazy teenager.  I love seeing how we all have grown up. 

Lacy is my newest mommy-friend, and she was good enough to bring little Abby over to meet us!  Abby is adorable, and Lacy is a top-notch mom.  Abby absolutely melts Lacy, and I loved to see it.  They are a beautiful, wonderful little family. 

Chelsea and Boston drove all the way from Salt Lake -- on her husband's birthday -- to come and see us!  I wish we would have had more time, but it was so nice to talk face to face a little.  I have loved hashing out the fears/thrills/hopes/etc. of mommyhood with her over the phone, but it was extra wonderful to do it in person for a little while.  I really want these boys to be buddies.  Why don't we live closer?  I don't know if we ever will.
Thank you to all the people who called and texted and wrote, sending love and attempting to get together .... it was so nice and I'm sorry I did not have more time!

We did however, at the very end, get to see Sarah's new apartment, where she will rule Utah State University.  I am excited to witness her reign, it is sure to be epic.
So thank you Logan, you were good to me growing up, and you still have never failed me.  I just love you.

And thank you for making it through this entire post.  Whew.

4 comments:

  1. "darling, it is time" hahaha! i really hope you said that to mark wen you got back...

    it was so good seeing you and mac is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, It was so good to see you. Thanks for taking some time from your busy schedule to be with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALLIE i just saw this!! You are so cute, I loved getting to see you, its theraputic:) Darling... its time, what a fantasy haha! no no just kidding. I mean after all that is what Matt said to me as I lay huddled in the fetal position in the corner of the room the first time around. It worked like a charm! hahaha ahhh all i sure love you and your sweet family. I am going to make it to you someday

    ReplyDelete