The other day my mom called me and said, "Allie! I put a big item on our credit card, so we've earned another plane ticket! But I only have one, so how can we get you up here without making Mark feel bad?" Well it just so happens that Mark had told me to plan on never seeing him over this next break between semesters, as he had boards coming and would be studying like a madman. Problem solved. The situation could not be more perfect.
So, Mac and I will be heading up there in about a week.
I am thrilled.
So thrilled in fact, that I am having trouble doing much besides thinking about Logan. In reality, we have been doing a lot of fun things lately.
Like yard sale-ing. I'm finally getting into a little haggling. I think it should be a sport.
Or grocery shopping. I actually really do enjoy this: it's free (thank you, tax-paying Californians), Mac loves the shopping cart/big lights/cool air conditioning/things that make interesting noises when you pat them/people, and people love Mac.
We are learning a lot about sharks lately. Most notably, that their skin is super pointy when you rub them from tail to head. This is because their skin is just an extension of the rows and rows of TEETH in their mouths. They have TEETH SKIN. (And somehow these scientists are trying to convince us that sharks aren't killing machines?) Also, sharks can fly, and if you get bitten by one, it won't even hurt until you're actually on land and realize you are still alive. Thank you, Discovery Channel, for all this important information. (Seeing as one of the shows documented shark attacks on a beach that we happen to frequent!! I will never touch that water ever again.)
Mac and I are real clubbers these days. Mom's club, craft club, and now .... I have started a book club. First meeting is this Thursday, and we will be discussing the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I am so very excited. I have also started getting together with a couple girls once a month to watch Jane Austen type movies. Being a stay-at-home mom is so rewarding.
Watched Mark prepare for finals by growing a beard. I am excited to see his finals mustache. It is sure to be glorious.
Mac has almost got walking down. And he has started crawling .... sort of. He can't seem to keep his head up, so he pumps his legs and pushes his head along the ground until he runs into something. Then he pulls himself up and walks around. It's a very enjoyable process to watch.
We got to listen to not one, but five entire marching bands practicing outside our house for the Corn Festival down the street. This would have been fun, had it not been Mac's nap time. As it was, I was practically shaking with fury.
And last night, I got the pedicure of my life. I had bought a toe ring from the corn festival (Katie, this one will last forever), had just taken off the polish and shaped them all nice and pretty, when Mark came down the stairs with some lotion. What does that mean? Well, to us lotion means massages. The boy just figured he would give me a little foot massage! Bless his heart. And so he did, and then suggested we pull out some ice cream. Oh my. I now have a happy belly, a full heart, and awesome-looking toes.
So, I can wait to go to Logan. One more week.
We have to get together this time! I would LOVE to see you! And I know Reta feels the same!
ReplyDelete