Thanksgiving was .... a long time ago.
How in the world do I write something about an event six months ago?
Bullet points. Yes ... I'll record my broken memories in a broken format!
- It was in a church. My dad pulled the bishop card and reserved the church for the afternoon. We had my family, my Aunt Lori, her son Kyler, his wife Liz, and all of Liz's awesome Polynesian family. We also had my mom's sister Aunt Jen with her family of six kiddos and some members of my parent's ward that had nowhere else to go.
- The kids played hide and seek upstairs. Bishop-approved.
- My mother's house was so crowded, there was no room for my family. In my own mother's house! But it's my fault; couldn't decide if I was even wanting to go anywhere with my brand new little man. Eventually I decided I was hungry. And I did not want to be responsible for Thanksgiving. So we shacked up at my sister Jamie's apartment ... which was awesome.
| These two have a top-notch king-sized bed. |
| Would've been more awesome had they actually been home; but they were doing Thanksgiving with the Wright family. |
- I finally got to meet my cousin Kolby's girlfriend. She has to be, without a doubt, one of the greatest things that has ever happened to him. I am praying he gets the guts to face marriage a second time, because I would love her in the family. Lots of goodness and love in that tattooed heart of hers.
- Kolby and Liz spent the night at my house. Kolby is great at yard work and playing with my kids.
- Harrison was brand new; only two weeks old and angelic as ever. He was passed around a lot. (Third baby ... I wasn't scared a bit.)
- Aunt Jen re-telling the time she was goosed at Home Depot and she turned around and punched him in the face. Knocked him flat on his butt. Then told Uncle Kevin to chase him. Oh how I wish I was cool enough to react like that ... as if I needed another reason to think Aunt Jen was the best person alive.
- My salad was a hit. Aunt Megan was right about the green bean casserole ... I was the only one who ate any. But it was worth it.
- I ate roast duck. Kinda disappointed the Polynesians didn't bring a big ... but I guess they were trying to conform to an American holiday. Oh well. Still awesome.
And that's it! Better hurry and catch up so this blog doesn't just turn into a jumble of disjointed memories ....
No comments:
Post a Comment