I think we're grown-ups now.
So naturally, we had to do our first-ever Christmas card.
I didn't save a picture of the actual card, but included this:
And this:
Hello,
hello family and friends!
Merry Christmas to
you all! We hope your year has been as fantastic
as ours.
What a year! We spent the first 9 months agonizing over
major life decisions … Mark was doing very well with his Chiropractic practice
in California, and I was quite settled in with my routine and our friends. But we missed our seasons and our family … then
suddenly …
So here we are in
the waiting room of our very own office in Holladay, Utah! We miss California, but feel like this change
was meant to be.
MARK is at the
office day in and day out, cleaning, updating, and working on connections in
the city to get his name out there and people in the door. He’s busy, but so satisfied. He has had several new patients each week,
and comes home smiling. PLUS he can
actually see family; I used to leave him for days, but now we can head out for
a quick dinner after work.
MAC is loving all
these cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncles.
He is constantly saying, “Mom, let’s go to _______’s house today.” And I can actually say okay! He does miss the Angels, and his California
buddies … but lately, kicking the “teeth” (icicles) off cars and counting the
trucks (we have a notepad to keep track, he’s up to 223) is well worth the
move.
BELLE is thriving
out here. She’s already got a little
friend at church, and smiles and hops and squeals “Hi!” to everyone she
passes. She loves the “coldie” snow, but
has quickly learned to keep her fingers out of it. Give this girl a snowsuit and a good pair of
gloves, and she won’t ever come back inside.
I do have to say, besides all the family, her favorite thing about the
move must surely be the “duckies” that live in our complex. She sings her goodnight song to them every
night.
And me? I am bouncing around between it all. We’ve
been cleaning, organizing, decorating the office, working on Mark’s online
appearance, teaching the kiddos about seasons (and that yes, you HAVE to wear a
coat), and catching up with all the family we have been missing out on. Oh and the doula thing? Already done an interview, but I’m not trying
to really put myself out there till we’ve got things figured out at the office
and with babysitters. I have to say, my
favorite thing about this is being able to come into a new community, look at
every single face and realize that that
person matters. Maybe they’ll be my
son’s baseball coach. Maybe her son will
ask out my daughter. Maybe that person
needs an adjustment … and that one over there could be my next door neighbor
when we buy a house! I am loving knowing
we are IN OUR COMMUNITY. Hope you are
enjoying yours!
Merry Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment