With Thanksgiving over, we launched into Christmastime full-force.
Decorations were up in minutes. Mac was in heaven. Next to putting lights on the Christmas tree (fake again ... I know, I know), setting up the Nativity scene had to be his favorite. He wanted it right in front of our miniature Christus, so "Big Boy Jesus" could see "Tiny Baby Jesus". After discussing all this and watching The Nativity Story the following Sunday, Mac was quite smitten with Baby Jesus.
In fact, he insisted we say our prayers to Baby Jesus.
So we talked about Baby Jesus a lot in our prayers ... to our Father in Heaven. (It was a clever side-step ... but I'll definitely have to iron out that confusion someday.)
We danced around to Christmas music every day, Mac's favorites being any song including the sound of jingle bells and/or Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Santa Baby" was also a favorite. Belle loved them all and clapped mercilessly.
And for our first official Christmas outing, we went with our friends the Shaws to see the LA Temple lights.
There were so many strung along the trees ...
But I don't know what they looked like.
None of them were turned on. I guess Thanksgiving was a little early this year.
Still, it was a lovely walk around the grounds -- minus Mac's fit over a missing catepillar -- and a memorable trip with good friends.
And the $1.50 made-in-front-of-your-face ice cream sandwiches at Diddy Riese afterward are more than worth the drive.
No comments:
Post a Comment