Why?
Mark and I hosted.
Luckily there were only six adults, which should've made less work ... but all three of us wives cooked as if there were a couple dozen at least.
Oops.
But it certainly made a lot to be thankful for.
Like family pictures.
And good friends.
Awesome turkey recipes (what did people do before the internet existed??).
| Click for the recipe |
Posers.
Really big pecs.
New and improved pumpkin pies.
| Click here for the recipe. |
And lots and lots of leftovers.
(There is a second table not pictured, only food there.)
And finally, to cap it all off, I experienced my first legit Black Friday.
We left at 9 pm and I was home by 1 am, so nothing too drastic ... but it was productive. I about knocked out my entire Christmas shopping.
I think I can handle a 9-midnight mad dash through the crowds.
Look out, world.
And so our day of Thanksgiving thoroughly felt in our hearts and in our stomachs, we were finally ready to move on to the greatest holiday of the year.
Yes, I started decorating that very next day, Black Friday hangover and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment