Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day

This was the most memorable Mother's Day of my life.

Started off with the hubby stumbling in at 2 a.m.

Continued with Mac and Belen tag-teaming me till the rest of the cousins made get-back-to-sleep impossible.

And then came the phone call to hustle back out to clean up after Matt's 100 mile race.  So off went the brothers and we ladies began to ready everyone for church.

We decided to divide and conquor.  Some went to the 9 o'clock, while myself and others waited it out and went to the 1 o'clock sacrament meeting.

Between the two meetings, I got to chat with these two lovies for a brief (too brief) moment:

Elder Jacob Thomas


And then it was off to sacrament meeting where I got to listen to several young folks talk about how they had the best mothers in the world ... while I grumbled at Mac and he grumbled at me and we had just about had enough of each other.

Then all gathered at Mama Gunn's house.  I was not expecting much.  She had been at the race with everyone else the past few days, running the runners' favorite aide station.  That should give her some reason to finally relax, right?  Silly me.  Chris Gunn had a turkey dinner going for her entire family.  All the grandchildren were getting a little fed up with their fed-up aunties, and so conglomerated around her.  She loved them and held them and kissed them between stirring pots and pulling out silverware.

I was amazed.  Yet again.  Leave it to Chris to consistently blow my mind.


Happiness is a choice, and mothers must chose it.  I am blessed to have such wonderful examples in my life of women who give and give and give until there is nothing left ... and then give some more.

Thank you Chris.  Thank you Mom.

P.S.  Mark later got me a gift card to Ross.  SCORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment