Lately I've been trying to squint Mark's first-impression-self out of him. I think he was taller. Mysterious-er. It's really funny to see that face in my mind and compare it to the face I see now. I like them both, obviously, just look at that:
This is more what he looked like when we first met. Sort of rugged and "Hey I'm hot, and I probably won't talk to you." It worked on me. I jibber-jabbered his ear right off and felt like the coolest gal in the world when I got him to smile at me.
Dare I say, this good-natured manly man might have even chased me a bit. I didn't run very far. Soon enough I discovered he wasn't mysterious at all, and quite a perfect height for me. Good kissing distance. I really like that face I look at these days.
Anywho, I don't know if I've become bored lately or what, but you should definitely try this. It's quite entertaining to try to see old faces. I've even been doing it with some of my good friends here.

I always find it so interesting to think about how different I thought Kent was when I first met him...isn't it weird? But it's great that now that the mysterious part about him is gone I can love him even more!
ReplyDelete